So when the latest edition of "couch magazine" (www.couch-mag.de) arrived on my doorstep I found this:
And this is how you do it:
1. Grab a friend with a longish car who knows her stuff to drive you to Homebase / Home Depot / Baumarkt.
2. Choose a board and get the nice staff to cut it to your liking. Mine was originally 2,20 m x 0,80 m but I asked them to shorten it by 30 cm so that it would fit into the car (it might be helpful to check that out beforehand!). In the magazine they recommend at least a 12 mm thick board. Mine is 18 mm thick.
3. Transport the lovely board back home.
4. Sand the edges.
5. Attach felt gliders to lower edge and upper back to protect your floor and wall.
6. Decorate as you wish. You could also use blackboard paint, magnetic paint or any colour paint, self-adhesive magnetic strips ...... The possibilities are endless.
7. Result! I am so pleased with it I have to stop myself from hopping up and down. This is my very first diy project and it was so simple. The best thing is that I can change it whenever I feel like without effort.