Follow by Email

Samstag, 22. März 2014

How to make a moodboard

For a long time I have been playing with the idea of a moodboard. The two walls in my apartment where I have free space to hang pictures are unfortunately reinforced concrete. So if I want to hang up something I need to get Dad to come over (circa 40 km) with his power drill. That's really not viable if I want to hang up tons of small pictures so I decided to use the board. My landlord also wouldn't be happy if I left the wall with more holes than a swiss cheese.
So when the latest edition of "couch magazine" (www.couch-mag.de) arrived on my doorstep I found this:






 And this is how you do it:


1. Grab a friend with a longish car who knows her stuff to drive you to Homebase / Home Depot / Baumarkt.

2. Choose a board and get the nice staff to cut it to your liking. Mine was originally 2,20 m x 0,80 m but I asked them to shorten it by 30 cm so that it would fit into the car (it might be helpful to check that out beforehand!). In the magazine they recommend at least a 12 mm thick board. Mine is 18 mm thick.

3. Transport the lovely board back home.

4. Sand the edges.














5. Attach felt gliders to lower edge and upper back to protect your floor and wall.
















6. Decorate as you wish. You could also use blackboard paint, magnetic paint or any colour paint, self-adhesive magnetic strips ...... The possibilities are endless.  






7. Result! I am so pleased with it I have to stop myself from hopping up and down. This is my very first diy project and it was so simple. The best thing is that I can change it whenever I feel like without effort.



1 Kommentar:

Silke hat gesagt…

Das ist soooo eine coole Idee!!! Werd ich auch ausprobieren, wenn ich nicht mehr auf jeden Zentimeter meiner Wohnung angewiesen bin! :)