Follow by Email

Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014

And now for something completely different...

Yesterday I had really good news. After five months of desperate jobhunting, setbacks and rejections I finally received an offer. Now that I can sit back and relax I just want to tell you how important it is to believe in yourself!

Believe me, I'm the last person to read self-help books and I don't usually go in for that self-affirmative crap or wise words but the only thing that kept me going through these stressful times was the thought that I will get there eventually because... (drum rolls please): 

I can do it!

I received good advice and well-meant advice and neverending support from friends, family and my super siblings and that was important too (thank you!!). But in the end it's only yourself and mainly your gut feeling that you can trust. (And blame, if things go pear-shaped despite everything.) Because only you know your innermost secrets, dreams and longings and what you can put up with. 

So please: go your own way!



If you are in need of inspirational reading, try these:

Anita Roddick, Business as unusual
Sheryl Sandberg, Lean in
Paul Newman, In pursuit of the common good




Keine Kommentare: