Follow by Email

Sonntag, 11. Mai 2014

Getting to know me... Part 1

I thought, it's time that my faithful readers learn more about me.

The craftiness is of course down to a long line of creative, female ancestors.

1. My greatgrandmother  who used to embroider and crochet lace.




2. My lovely grandmother  who would crochet, knit and sew like a machine. One christmas my doll got a whole new woollen wardrobe and every year we would get handknitted wooly socks (in our badly insulated house they were very welcome!). On top of that she had a very modern taste and a lot of her dishes and  glasses made it into my cupboards after she passed away far too early.


please notice the crochet blanket that I still have in use

she also made this coat


3. My mother or Mami who made me an awesome dress for my Holy Communion because I couldn't squeeze into any off-the-shelf stuff. And Dirndls and a lot more because money was tight.




4. My auntie, who was there when I was ready to learn how to sew. She can also knit like the devil.

Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oooooh super Fotos!!!!!! Das Dirndl ist toll... und das Kommunionsfoto erinnert mich an meins, haha. Danke für's Teilen!!
Susan

Wonky Heidi hat gesagt…

Gerne! Vielen Dank fürs Kommentieren!