Follow by Email

Samstag, 9. August 2014

Mad about the book - Bridget Jones 3

I have to confess I was very reluctant to read the latest installment of the Bridget Jones series. I just couldn't imagine Bridget in the 21st century coping with smartphones, twitter and SPOILER ALERT ... without Mark Darcy.



But bargain hunter that I am I couldn't resist a good deal for the e-book and here I am laughing my head of at her latest exploits.
I expected to hate it and am surprised how moved I was by the 51-year old single-mother of two, struggling to get on with her live after her soulmate Mark dies in an accident.

Bridget has grown up - as have I during the last 18 years. The book is funny, poignant and very well-written. Helen Fielding is and stays the queen of chick-lit and this might well be one of my top 5 reads this year!

Keine Kommentare: