Follow by Email

Dienstag, 5. August 2014

Sewer's block - not about plumbing!

I have just realized that I haven't done any sewing in weeks. I'm afraid my new job that I started at the end of May kinda killed off my creativity.
I only work 35 hours/week but still by the time I get home I'm only capable of ingesting food and  telly programmes. On good days I make it to the gym but some days, like last Sunday, I can't move from the sofa at all.
Totally normal I reckon, it takes all of my middle-aged brain cells to understand and remember everything (and everyone)  at the new office so that I can't muster any creative energy after-hours. There's so much to learn and get used to....

But hey, there's a holiday coming up next week and I promised myself some quality time with Sissi, my sewing machine. There are birthdays, weddings and babys coming up so I need to get the creative juices flowing again and clear the way to my work station.


 Sissi holding up the hat.


On the upside I can now recommend the following programmes:

Fleming - The man who would be Bond
The Bletchley Circle
Doctor's Diary (German programme)

There are some more book reviews in the pipeline as well, as I can use the tube journey for reading.

Enjoy your summer and stay tuned for more exciting posts!!

Keine Kommentare: