Follow by Email

Sonntag, 8. Februar 2015

Serenity Prayer



Things are looking up. I have tried the gratitude journal, but found that mine might be more of a happiness journal. Over the last fortnight I have consciously noted things that made me happy.

Small things like sunshine glittering in the slowly dissolving fog - pure magic. 

Unexpected pleasures like a theatre ticket that was available because someone else was prevented from going.

Sitting down to make some presents with my trusted sewing machine - creating!

I have also consciously tried to remain calm about stuff and waiting to see what happens. These words came to my mind. However outworn, there's still a lot of truth in them...

O God, give us the serenity to accept what cannot be changed,
The courage to change what can be changed,
and the wisdom to know the one from the other...
 
 

Keine Kommentare: