Follow by Email

Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

The green room will make you green with envy



Before
  
After years of dithering, last Friday finally saw the dawn of the big paint!
It took several trips to the hardware stores to make up my mind about the shade of green I wanted. It's called "olive grove", personally it makes me think of moss. 


 

Luckily my brother had offered his services, as it turned out, I didn't have a clue on how to start.
But in his calm manner, he managed everything from start to finish. So my advice, get yourself an experienced painting buddy!











From a friend I borrowed a laser spirit level, which was an enormous help when it came to taping a straight line. All in all it took us about 5 hours (including a pizza break during the drying period).

  







The expensive tape didn't keep its advertising claim so there is no razor-sharp line and there's an area that is not perfect but I don't mind.

At first I put the furniture back as it was before but during the evening I found myself turning around all the time instead of watching the still white wall opposite. So in the morning I re-arranged the sofa and am now much happier with the result. It makes the room smaller but 100 % cosier.



 
Not quite there yet.


Perfect, being able to admire wall while watching the telly.



My conclusion: How could I have not done this before? It takes little effort to get such a stunning result.


Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Liebe Heidi,
ich hoffe ich darf hier auch auf deutsch schreiben ;)
Also ich muss sagen deine Umgestaltung ist ja mal mega gelungen. Sieht echt super aus.
Viel. darf ich's ja mal life sehen :)
Liebe Grüße
Bettina

Anonym hat gesagt…

Kann mich nur anschließen: Raumgneugestaltung ist gelungen Liebe Grüße Uta

Wonky Heidi hat gesagt…

Vielen Dank, ich kann mich auch gar nicht sattsehen!

Anonym hat gesagt…

The laser spirit level really did the trick! Maybe you should present it here. Its really easy to handle and should also come in handy when you want to hang different paintings in a straight line.
I disagree about the room seeming to be smaller now. I think the frame of white paint we left gives the wall an idea of vastness and most certainly more grandeur ;-)
However I think a small dinner party with green olives served on moss would only be appropiate to show the room in high quality....
yours truly, the painting brother

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wenn ich auch ein bisschen spät bin mit meinem Kommentar: sieht super aus! LG Gabi