Follow by Email

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2015

My very own London photowalk

The Blogtacular event was a very good excuse to plan a short trip to London and to squeeze in some quality time with my  friends. The three who I was lucky enough to meet have been my close friends for more than ten years and took time off to meet up with me.

I arrived on Friday around lunch time and spent the afternoon and evening ambling around town, stopping only for Lunch, coffee and dinner.











On Sunday I headed towards Canary Wharf on the DLR - the Docklands Light Railway. I just love that there is no driver as it's automated and if you're lucky you can sit right at the front with a perfect undisturbed view. It's been a while since I last visited Canary Wharf but its architecture is always impressive. This time I discovered the great Jubilee Park, a green and tranquil haven for all those office workers.
















After taking lots of pictures I jumped on the DLR again to Greenwich, another one of my favourite spots full of history and atmosphere. Especially the grounds of the Old Royal Naval College were amazing and full of photo opportunities.
 












After a restoring tea break I made my way to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping (DVDs and a T-shirt) and then onwards to Victoria Station to meet my friend. We headed towards Waterloo and Southbank for dinner. Unfortunately it was too cold and windy for a walk so after dinner we boarded the London Eye.

















On Monday morning I dumped my luggage at Paddington Station and took the Underground to Lambeth to visit the Imperial War Museum for an exhibition called "Fashion on the Ration". For lunch I met my friend near Baker Street and after a walk and coffee headed back to Paddington to board the Heathrow Express.














All in all I have to say it was a very successful trip, full of inspiration, new impressions, meeting friends, old and new.

Keine Kommentare: