Follow by Email

Samstag, 29. August 2015

Sunrise photo walk

Ever since a mate told me about his jetlag-induced early morning walk through Manhattan I wanted to do something similar.
Granted, Munich is not NYC but hey, beggars can't be choosers and Munich possesses a lot of inspiring motives!
So last Sunday saw me rising even before the sun at 5:35 am, rushing off to mount my bicycle anxious not to miss the magic moment.
My first stop was a lookout with a great view over Munichs skyline.






After a breakfast of energy bar and water I cycled downhill towards the river Isar. 




The BBQ scene on the river bank leaves a lot of rubbish behind, complete with leftover steaks. 




Here comes the sun....





 Love birds



 This graffiti found in the meat district says "Free Paul". In that context I fear, this might be Paul (below).



 
 Beautiful brick buildings.











 On the way home, the power station.


I arrived back home at 8 am and went straight back to bed. Although I was totally shattered I can't wait to do it again. There are so many corners of Munich I want to photograph and the empty streets are so inviting.  
Only two more weeks until my leave. If I'm lucky the weather will be fine and I might get some autumn mist on camera.

Keine Kommentare: