Follow by Email

Montag, 10. August 2015

The year of firsts

This year seems to be the year of firsts:

  • First international outing as blogger at Blogtacular
  • First time wakeboarding
  • First time visit of a Music Festival!
And what would be more fitting than a brass music festival? I love a bit of brass music and when my  colleague told me about the 3-day festival I ordered my ticket for Saturday at once. Main attraction was "LaBrassBanda", a famous Bavarian combo. I find it hard to describe their style, so check them out here:  http://www.labrassbanda.com.

I managed to talk my sister in joining me and on Saturday lunchtime we set of, prepared for every eventuality with umbrellas, sun hats, blankets and swim stuff.

First we had lunch: roast pork butty (see photo) and a meat loaf butty - very yummy!

(taken by my sister)

Then we checked out the festival grounds and listened to some music:





The heat was unbelievable. I try very hard not to complain as the last few summers have been abominable but with nearly 35 degrees Celcius and hardly any shade it was too much. In 4,5 hours I drank 4 litres of water and juice spritzers (which we love in Germany, there are countless varieties available).






(taken by my sister)




The music and atmosphere were great. My favourite bands were "Monobo Son" https://soundcloud.com/monobo-son and "Donnerbalkan" http://www.donnerbalkan.de/

Unfortunately by late afternoon we were exhausted and decided to leave without seeing our heros from LaBrassBanda. They were scheduled for 11 pm and we would never have lasted that long.





But what an amazing start to my career as a festival enthusiast, next time I'll be more careful with planning my visit according to the programme. Also I want to go out and listen to more local live music.


Keine Kommentare: