Follow by Email

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2015

Wonky December

This has been a really strange December and the past three weeks I’ve found myself in a terrible slump.  At the office I’ve been very busy and at the same time felt the days stretch ahead like chewing gum.
I tried to pull myself out of it with a visit to the wonderful Christmas market at the Wasmeier Farmhouse Museum and enjoyed spending time with my sister, deeply inhaling the clear alpine air and every food and drink that came into my vicinity.









This week found me at the Hypokunsthalle again, visiting the exceptional Gaultier exhibition. I can’t say that I am a fan of Haute Couture but I am deeply in awe of his creative genius and phantasmogastic costumes.


Dowager Countess of Grantham, can you see it?


Gotta love denim!


 

WOW

I’ve already penciled in the next exhibition, a retrospective of the Spanish artist Joaquin Sorolla, on show between March and July.

Now that I have shut the office door behind me for the final time this year, I can hopefully switch off completely and find my inner Christmas elf.
There’s still a ton of presents to wrap and a suitcase to pack, cookies to bake,  a concert to go to and then a flight to board. 



Most of all, I am looking forward to the magic of New Years Day and the promise of new beginnings and opportunities, leaving tears and heartache behind.





 
 
 A Merry Christmas to all my readers!
 

Keine Kommentare: