Follow by Email

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016

The 20-minutes-a-day-challenge

It's all about challenges nowadays and I sure think it sounds better than good intentions. After an unpleasant experience with my scales I decided it's time for action.

So I decided to enter a 20 minutes of sports/movement a day for 30 days. It can be a walk (though not the daily walks to  tube stations), yoga at home and of course visiting the gym. This should get me started to incorporate sport into my daily life again.

The first week went well, which I documented on a special calendar:




I've been telling people left, right and centre in order not to be tempted to give up and my friend, the athlete, kindly offered me to join her in her swim training. Now, I'm not a fan of indoor pools, hating the smell of chlorine and how it makes my skin itch but as I want to take some surfing lessons in Queensland this summer, I thought, I really ought to.

Then it dawned on me that I would need to buy a new costume, argh... But hey, any excuse to buy new gear and I managed to grab some bargains.




To motivate myself even more I did the unmentionable and bought a skirt that won't do up. But to my defence I've coveted it for ages and it'd been reduced by 45 €!

Keine Kommentare: