Follow by Email

Dienstag, 5. Juli 2016

The big wonky down-under Adventure: Brisbane rocks

After 5 days in Brisbane, on my way to Cairns, I have to say, my expectations have been exceeded. Okay, so I didn´t expect much because not even the Australians seem to like it much.
It´s not as cool as Melbourne (think Berlin) or not as flash as Sydney (think London).
I only came here because the lovely Lady A lives here and it seemed a good base to explore Queensland from.
My first solo outing took me across the Kurilpa Bridge to the South Bank. Similar to Londons South Bank it´s a cultural hub of Art galleries and museums and of course a giant wheel.







I was enchanted by the stark architecture of the State Library and the amazing view  across the Brisbane CBD skyline on the other side of the river.



Amidst the wonders of modern architecture you find a surprising about of greenery. Palm trees flank glassy  office towers, huge native trees greet you outside art galleries and a kilometre-long walk-way gives shade with vibrant bougainvillea flowers.
Infront of a small plaza is a public, free man-made  swimmingpool with toilets, lockers and lifeguards. What an oasis but alas I wasn´t brave enough to give it a try. It´s winter after all.




1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

thanks for the infos, time ist running, enjoy your freetime
mum