|(image from Elizabeth Gilbert's homepage)|
I've been doing a lot of reading lately and here's another one I want to share with you. Elizabeth Gilbert is the author of "Eat Pray Love" and has now published a book about creativity. It is simply inspiring and I'm about to delve into it again in case I have missed something the first time round.
Lot's of you will say: Oh, I'm not creative... but I think that is untrue. Every breathing human being is creative. After all it takes a lot of creativity to master living.
- some gangster have found creative ways to make money
- surgeons find creative ways to operate and save lives
- Einstein used to play the violin when he was stuck with a mathematical problem
- Cooking is creativity
- Figuring out how to survive on a low budget is creativity
- getting dressed in the morning is creativity
Deep down, I've always known that I'm a writer, which this blog proves, the opus just hasn't surfaced yet. In the meantime I'm creating other stuff. Designing and sewing and more recently sketching.
So even, if you're not creating the actual work, the creativity cannot be denied and will out in some other way.
My sketching brings me lots of pleasure and serves me well until I can put the actual words on paper.
In June I will return to London for a week of sketching and am already scouting locations.
Go forth, read the book and create!